Saturday, March 24, 2007

SkiFreaks – Reunion Tour

Today marked the reunion of Crazy Canuck, Flying Falafel, and Kamikaze Kibbé with the addition of Masterskier Mike and the self-monickered Apprehensive Alex. We five had a wonderful spring ski day at Mont Saint-Sauveur, notable for the superb spring ski conditions, maniacally cheerful company, and my sunburned nose. The woo-hoo factor was at the highest I’ve ever experienced it (that’s on the yippee scale of course, not the older, wheee scale), and the runs were not in the least bit slushy. The lift lines were unbelievably short, the chairs operated without a hitch, and the silliness while sitting in the chair well developed (Noooooooooooooon, pas “La Danse des Canards”). Just remember: “People are People”…

He he.

Well, we were having fun. Thanks go to Alex for the yummy lunch that kept us well fueled for the afternoon (That was amazing, let’s do it AGAIN! AGAIN! AGAIN!!!). I skied like a three-year-old bat out of hell. Come to think of it, I was probably as annoying as a three-year-old bat out of hell. Ahem, I do apologize. Many thanks also to Rog, who as always (it seems), combined skiing without his poles (a bet with himself, apparently) and photography. A very small selection of whose pictures would appear here had the files he sent not been corrupted (snif, too bad). Oranges were peeled, carrots proffered, lips bitten (ouch – damned bunny teeth), and wipeouts had. Thankfully Maya wears a helmet that she was able to use to arrest her cross-run slide. The groove was mightily impressive. I was mightily impressed; I’ve never seen someone intentionally use his or her face to stop on the hill before. Maya: you’ve got nose.

I lost count of how many runs we did: all I know is that I flew down each and every one of them. Gravity was my friend! My skis barely kissed the snow! Peter Pan, eat your heart out! I can fly!

Wooooooooooooo-Hoooooooooooooo!

In retrospect, maybe I got a tad too much sun.
Just a tad, mind.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you mention pictures in the content (which BTW is ammmmazing) but they aren't there