Friends, neighbours, countrymen…okay we all know that speech. Instead I’m going to rant, I’m sure that’ll be much more interesting. If it’s not, too bad – skip this one, but don’t forget to call me passive aggressive…
You know, maybe I try too hard to be friends, maybe that’s a little scary for some people. Hell, maybe they don’t want to hurt my feelings, but whatever the reason, what really pisses me off is having an invitation ignored. Common courtesy should dictate that if they’re: a) busy b) not interested or c) freaked out of their minds that I would invite them as a friend to do something with me, a simple polite refusal is in order. Maybe they think they’ll never hear the end of it if they reply in the negative, maybe they always ignore invitations they choose to decline, maybe they’re just rude, but I can guarantee them that I can take “no” for an answer. I’m a big girl. Whatever their reasons are to decline, I’m fine with them. I don’t accept all the invitations I get either, sometimes for no other reason than I just don’t feel like doing whatever it is. I’m not fine with not getting a reply. As a friend I should be entitled to the courtesy of a response, without one, the only explanation I can conceive of is that I am less than their friend. Possibly not even an acquaintance, since I can’t even imagine treating an acquaintance with less than common courtesy. I guess I’m just old-fashioned, but honestly if they’re not on the same page with me on this, I don’t think we can be friends.
Stay tuned for my next rant – Litterbug, I Want to Squash You
Friday, September 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment