Tuesday, April 24, 2007

On Addiction

Recently I received the following message from one of my friends who reads this blog:

Friend: "OK, i will admit, i am an addict to your blog.... i am proud to say the truth always, but lately i have been in withdrawal as my weekly fix of laughter-till-i-tear-up-completely has transformed itself to bi-monthly, and now it has dwindled to nothing in a month.... As my sole provider, I have to request, if not beg for an article, a sentence, a phrase ... damit i'll be happy with a verb (ok maybe a series of verbs arranged in a disorderly fashion)! So, get off your fat ass and write something for my own sanity... Please"
"ok ok, it isn't fat, it is just lazy"

While flattering, I must emphasize the fact that my blogging occurs in spurty fits and starts (as with much of my other pastimes - witness the barely begun sweater for my sister which has been decorating the back of my chesterfield for the past two years). Therefore, gentle reader, patience is most definitetly an asset. Hence my mocking response:

Me: "Blog Addiction, the laughing killer. Too much blog reading can be hazardous to your mental health...I'm sorry, I've been too busy to relieve your suffering. I promise to make you suffer a little longer before providing temporary relief from this condition. Tssss."

Which, of course was exactly what my friend wanted. I have succumbed to the dastardly manipulation of friends before, but this was not even subtle! Even having recognized this fact, I was unable to resist adding:

Me: "Okay.
I give in.
A series of verbs:

Plant screw flying drive sailing overwhelmed spouted.
Said are doing manipulating flew frying panned died.
Laughing."
"P.S. Who you calling lazy??? Eh? Eh?"

Which prompted the response:

Friend: "i love you"

Well, if that's what it takes to get a fix...

No comments: