Recently I have been receiving some pretty odd Job Posting Notifications from our internal job application system. Among them, this one stands out:
Dear Y....
A career opportunity matching the area(s) of interests that you have identified on your online profile is presently vacant. The title of the position is Director, Breakage Management. (for Aeroplan)
I have to admit to feeling well suited to the position based on the number of times a day I succeed in managing the urge to break someone’s neck. Still, I’m quite certain that’s not something that I have recently included in my online profile.
Apparently breakage is what they call all the accumulated air miles than do not get used. It seems that this is a big problem that requires management. Apparently they are looking for a Masters degree in Finance to do this. I’m not sure, but I think I can assume that my Bachelor’s of Chemical Engineering does not qualify. One never knows, however. Could it be that perhaps this is what happens when your HR Dept. (more properly referred to as Human Remains) is staffed by a roomful of computers running automatic selection programs? Hmmmm?
It’s just weird.
Friday, April 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment